Sepp Kuss Wife Noemi Ferre: Love was in the air this fall when American cyclist Sepp Kuss married his long time girlfriend and fellow professional cyclist Noemi Ferre.
The athletic pair tied the knot in an intimate island ceremony, capping off a real-life romantic story that began against the backdrop of the covid pandemic.
Keep reading to learn all about this cycling power couple, from their meet-cute to their recent fairytale wedding. Their unique love story proves that sometimes, fate brings people together at just the right moment.
Who is Sepp Kuss?
Hailing from Durango, Colorado, Sepp Kuss has been making waves in the pro cycling world for years. Born in 1994, he started racing mountain bikes during his college years at the University of Colorado Boulder. Kuss immediately excelled, winning two major national races in 2014 and 2015.
After graduating in 2017, he went pro with the LottoNL-Jumbo team (now Jumbo-Visma). The talented climber specializes in high mountain stages and stage races. He helped teammate Primoz Roglic win the 2019 Vuelta a Espana, before winning his own Tour de France stage in 2021.
When he’s not competing, Kuss enjoys fly fishing, playing guitar, and reading classic American literature. He’s known for his laidback personality and dry sense of humor.
Who is Noemi Ferre?
Kuss’s new wife Noemi Ferre is a professional road cyclist from Andorra, Spain. Born in 1991, she’s two years older than her husband Sepp. Ferre raced for several years with the Spanish UCI women’s team Massi-Tactic.
She’s excelled at hilly one-day races, racking up wins at the GP Villafranca de Ordizia and Circuito de Getxo. Off the bike, 31-year-old Ferre holds a degree in psychology and enjoys playing tennis. She has one younger brother named Marc.
Sepp Kuss Wife Noemi Ferre Met and Fell in Love
Sepp Kuss and Noemi Ferre met sometime in 2019, when both were racing professionally in Europe. Sparks clearly flew between the American man and Spanish woman, as they began dating amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kuss has said Ferre helped him mentally deal with the strain and isolation of racing during 2020. Their shared lifestyle as pro cyclists allowed them to grow close quickly. Though based in different countries, they made the distance work.
In 2021, Kuss popped the question, proposing to Ferre during a trip to his hometown of Ouray, Colorado. She happily accepted, and the pair began planning a destination wedding in Europe.
Their pure love and mutual understanding as athletes shined through. As Kuss told VeloNews, “We understand each other very well and she supports me tremendously.”
Sepp Kuss Wife Noemi Ferre Wedding
On October 22, 2022, Sepp Kuss and Noemi Ferre exchanged vows on Isla Bodufolhudhoo in the Maldives. Their ceremony took place at the luxury Hurawalhi Island Resort, with bright blue waters and white beaches providing a picture-perfect backdrop.
Ferre wore a stunning lace wedding dress with a flowing train, while Kuss opted for a light gray suit with a white rose boutonnière. The bride carried a bouquet of tropical flowers, and the newlyweds posed for magical photos on the beach at sunset.
Close friends and family watched them say their “I do’s” in an intimate beachfront setting. After the ceremony, guests enjoyed local Maldivian cuisine like fresh seafood and curry dishes. With bonfires lit on the sand, Kuss and Ferre partied late into the evening with their guests.
The next day, the pair jetted off on a romantic honeymoon sailing around the Maldives. They shared blissful photos snorkeling with manta rays and enjoying candlelit dinners on deserted islands. It was a dream honeymoon celebrating their storybook wedding.
Top 5 Facts About Noemi Ferre
While her husband Sepp may be the more famous cyclist, bride Noemi Ferre is an accomplished athlete in her own right. Here are five fascinating facts about the Spanish cycling champion:
- Her Parents Fueled Her Passion for Sport: Noemi’s father David competed in athletics, while her mother Monica was a tennis player. Growing up in an active household inspired Noemi’s love of sports.
- She Has A Tight Bond With Her Brother: Noemi remains close to her younger brother Marc, who still resides in Spain. They connect frequently and support one another’s athletic endeavors.
- She’s Been Racing For Over A Decade: Noemi began competing professionally in 2011. She has amassed over ten years of competitive cycling experience.
- Climbing Is Her Specialty: Though versatile across cycling disciplines, Noemi excels at ascents. Her slender build helps her power up inclines with grace and speed.
- She Flies The Flag For Women’s Cycling: Noemi hopes her wedding to Sepp will draw positive attention to women’s professional cycling. She strives to empower the next generation of young female riders.
All About Sepp: 5 Need To Know Facts
While his new bride hails from Spain, cyclist Sepp Kuss was born and raised in the mountains of Colorado. Here are five must-know facts about the American pro cyclist:
- He Started Young: Sepp began riding bikes at just three years old. His parents nurtured his interest in cycling from a young age.
- He Raced Through College: While pursuing a degree in physics at the University of Colorado Boulder, Sepp competed collegiately. He excelled, winning back-to-back national titles in 2014 and 2015.
- He’s A Pro At Pacing: Sepp has become renowned for his skills at setting a tempo and controlling the pace of the peloton. This ability makes him an invaluable teammate.
- He’s Won Prestigious Races: Major victories include stages at the Tour de France, Tour of California, and Critérium du Dauphiné. In 2019, he helped teammate Primož Roglič win the Vuelta a España.
- He Loves Home: When not competing abroad, Sepp returns to Durango, Colorado to recharge. He remains closely connected to his hometown roots.
What’s Next for the Cycling Couple?
As of now, Sepp Kuss and Noemi Ferre have not announced if babies are in their future. Both seem focused on succeeding professionally in 2023 and beyond. After his breakout 2021 Tour de France performance, Kuss will be a man to watch in this year’s edition.
Fans hope Noemi Ferre finds a new pro women’s team for 2023, as she’s sure to win many more hilly European races. Her talent deserves a bigger platform to shine.
While balancing budding careers, Kuss and his new wife Noemi will split their time between Spain, Andorra, and the United States. They’ll no doubt be each other’s biggest supporters at key races.
This sweet cycling couple found true love born from mutual understanding. We wish them continued success and happiness in their lives and careers together! Their romantic fairytale wedding showed that dreams really do come true.